This job might no longer be available.
Los Angeles, California, United States
7 months ago
Within is looking for a Software Engineer to join our small team of world-class engineers.
As a Software Engineer, you’ll be a force multiplier on a team responsible for delivering an interactive, real-time rendered experience on Oculus Quest . The work includes user-facing technology development in Unity, content creation and pipeline tools, an ever-evolving mix of interactive project work, and middleware integration.
The impact you’ll make:
We’re looking for someone with a keen interest in growing with a team of experienced engineers wholly invested in furthering the art of VR. This individual should be a team player, bringing a passion for learning and collaboration to help constantly raise the collective bar.
What you'll do:
- First and foremost, help us to deliver innovative VR experiences at scale
- Smart, efficient problem solving for existing product and speculative design plans
- Stay informed on and adapt to a rapidly evolving platform ecosystem
- Delivering quality code, asking questions to grow breadth and depth of understanding, reviewing and maintaining code quality across the team
- Actively participating in engineering process improvement discussions
- Mentoring team members as appropriate
What you’ll need to be successful:
- CS, Software Engineering or an equivalent degree or equivalent work experience
- Three or more years working in an engineering domain relevant to the listed responsibilities
- Professional Unity or Unreal development experience with C/C++/C#
- A healthy passion for learning new technologies
Bonus points for:
- Understanding of the Android ecosystem, profiling and native debugging of Android apps
- Existing portfolio of XR projects