7 days ago
Wargaming is looking for the Software Engineer to join our DevOps Products team and become the reliable one in keeping the databases running smoothly and safe.
The team provides full cycle of maintenance activities of web services built for Wargaming games (WoT, Blitz, WoWS: Legends), from initial development to production deployment and further support.
Working in our team will bring you to the new level of experience – together we will create and run optimization volumes, create solutions for stable and reliable infrastructure environment
What will you do?
At the very beginning we expect You to:
- Delve into WG web services specificity and carry out several uncritical releases. Solving of low urgency incidents.
And later at Your role as a Software Engineer You will:
- Support web services releases; troubleshooting applications performance and stability issues.
- Develop and implement automation tools for web services deployment, monitoring and daily maintenance routines.
- Develop and support CI/CD
- Provide support on L2.
- Work in close cooperation with development teams, consult on related working issues and provide support.
What are we looking for?
To be successful in this position You need to have:
- Deep knowledge of GNU/Linux, including system performance analysis and tuning. Fluency in CLI tools usage, including core utils.
- MySQL and PostgreSQL performance diagnostics; SQL basics; know how to analyze DB structure and query plan.
- Basic knowledge of CI/CI tools and approaches (Jenkins, TeamCity).
- Experience of working with high load infrastructure-wide web applications (>1000 rpm, >10 servers).
- Python or any other language for automation
- English skills at Intermediate level
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Beginner or higher knowledge of Django, aiohttp, supervisord, uwsgi
- Basic knowledge of Puppet.
- Experience in creating complex Nginx configuration, preferably using Lua module.
- Experience of providing L2 support.
- Experience with Docker or other containerization technologies.
- Adaptability to changes in Web technologies, competence in evaluating and introducing them.
- Ability to debug unfamiliar code.
- Competence in reflecting existing experience and approaches to similar, yet unfamiliar, technologies.
- Working both as part of a team and independently.
The salary range for this role in Vilnius is up to 3500 EUR gross.
Benefits and perks are tailored to the local market and culture. Our benefits in Vilnius include:
- Up to 8 “Trust days” per calendar year that require no medical certificate
- Career development and education opportunities within the company
- Meal Allowance
- Premium Private Health Care (with Gym training / Wellness program…)
- Personal Gaming Account
- Coffee, fruits, and snacks in the office
- Company events
- Seniority Awards
- Referral program - You can recommend the best talents to the company and receive a reward
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has become one of the leaders in the gaming industry with 16 offices worldwide, including studios in Chicago, Prague, Shanghai, Tokyo, and Vilnius. Our diverse and multicultural team works together to deliver a top-class experience to millions of players who enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms. Our flagship products include free-to-play hits World of Tanks, World of Warships and World of Tanks Blitz.