This job might no longer be available.
3 days ago
Using our industry-leading game engine, we are crafting a whole new line of products centered on running massively scaled simulations in the cloud. What we build will impact multiple industries such as robotics and autonomous vehicles, and contribute to the advancement of the field of artificial intelligence.
We are building a set of tools and services to solve one of the hardest challenges in robotics: sim-to-real transfer learning. We’re looking for an engineer who is passionate about advancing the state of the art in robotics through data, simulation, and machine learning.
In this role, you will be designing, building, and supporting new features for robotics simulation. You'll own the entire experience from the Unity Editor to new services, and more. Your work will change the way Unity can be used in the worlds of robotics testing and training!
What you’ll be doing
- Design, build, and maintain Unity Editor and runtime packages for robotics simulation workflows
- Write clean, maintainable, production code with documentation and tests
- Design and build engaging open-source robot applications that demonstrate the kind of robotics use cases and workflows that your packages enable
- Contribute to architecture decisions, design reviews, and peer code reviews
- Mentor developers and contribute to the continued professional growth of the team
What we’re looking for
- Experience using simulation as part of robotics development
- Solid skills in a high-level language like Python, C++, or C#
- Strong fundamentals in software design and architecture
- Track record of approaching problems with technical rigor
- Excellent communication skills
You might also have
- Experience with Unity Engine, Gazebo, NVIDIA Isaac, or other robotics simulators
- Significant contributions to open-source software
Gross base salary (EUR ): 27,900 - 37,800 *
*Note: Certain locations require a good faith disclosure of the base salary range for the role. The actual salary for the successful candidate may differ based on location, experience, and other job-related factors.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2022, more than 70% of the top 1000 mobile games were made with Unity as derived from a blended number of the top 1000 games in the Google Play Store and Apple App Store. In 2022, Made with Unity Applications had more than 4 billion downloads per month. For more information, please visit www.unity.com .
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know. Relocation support is not available for this position. Work visa/immigration sponsorship is not available for this position.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Your privacy is important to us. Please take a moment to review our Prospect and Applicant Privacy Policies. Should you have any concerns about your privacy, please contact us at DPO@unity.com.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.