12 days ago
Data on a massive scale is at the “heart” of Unity. It is data that allows our developers to critique and improve their games. It is data that allows our developers to monetize all their hard work and create amazing games.
Our Data Platform Team empowers internal and external customers through data - data about the games and the hundreds of millions of people who play them. Our team aims to provide a cutting edge, highly scalable data collection and processing system, track relevant metadata and statistics, and provide multiple consumption models tailored to customer use cases.
We work closely with machine learning experts, product managers, data engineers, data scientists and analysts to extract as much value as possible from our data. You will be working on some of the most challenging, complex, and bold problems with a world-class team that is dedicated to providing our customers with the data and analytical solutions they need to
- Build, scale, and maintain data pipelines, data integrations and data processing systems that power our data science, machine learning and analytics systems.
- Explore available technologies and design solutions to continuously improve our data quality, workflow reliability, scalability while reporting performance and capabilities
- Troubleshoot data issues and build customized reports to investigate key business questions
- Work closely with the Unity Engine, Ads, Analytics and Game Services teams worldwide
- Work alongside data science and machine learning teams to build and develop tooling and infrastructure.
- Ensure high-quality software with unit and integration tests, peer reviews, good continuous integration/delivery practices and real-time monitoring tools and alerts
- Experience in building scalable software systems and writing production code
- Proven software engineering experience of Scala, Go and/or Python
- Good understanding of cloud computing architecture and RESTful APIs
- Good understanding of virtualization/ container technologies (ex: Docker, Kubernetes)
- Good understanding of Big Data and related services (cluster computing, stream processing, data partitioning)
- Experience with Airflow or similar orchestration system
- Excellent communications skills
- Extensive experience in software development
- Deep knowledge building high-performance, high-availability, distributed systems
- Experience with Kafka, Spark, Cassandra, Druid
- Expert with one RDMS, familiarity with PostgreSQL and Redshift
- Experience with AWS, Google, or other cloud providers
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Oculus, Autodesk, Microsoft and many more, to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.