9 days ago
The Strategic Partner Support Team at Unity Technologies Tokyo is seeking a Partner Engineer who leads our VIP customer accounts. As a member of the global Unity Customer Success Everywhere organization, you tackle game developers' hard problems and support them in achieving their success goals.
You will answer questions from the development team and deepen their understanding and trust in Unity. You will also accurately share customer feedback from the support work to build knowledge as valuable assets. This makes it possible to relate the information for better product development with the Unity internal teams, including R&D, and further improve our products and services. This is a very critical pipeline responsibility that connects game development partners and Unity.
What you’ll be doing
- Provide consulting and engineering support to the major game developers.
- Have phenomenal communications with customers to respond to their inquiries and address issues.
- Be responsible for maintaining high-quality services for our customers, exploring solutions with Unity team members, and solving them to provide better services.
- You may also provide urgent support per customer's request. To rescue the team, you will encourage positive relationships among the customer, game development team, technical support group, and multiple Unity departments to strive for a timely resolution.
What we’re looking for
- Expertise on video game production methods. Also, required sufficient game development experience using Unity on console hardware (i.e. Nintendo Switch, Playstation, and so on.)
- Leadership experience in console game development production.
- Internal and external business coordination, especially in B2B customer relations, technical consulting, engineering support, etc.
- Wonderful interpersonal skills and customer responsiveness enable well-mannered and flexible communication with customers.
- Native level Japanese and professional English skills.
You might also have
- Experience in developing custom Editor Tools.
- Flexibility to adapt work hours in order to work with overseas teams, and possibly to be on a business trip (domestic/international) on short notice.
- Professional experiences outside of Japan, and being familiar with Western business protocols.
Relocation support is not available for this position.
Work visa/immigration sponsorship is not available for this position.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2022, more than 70% of the top 1000 mobile games were made with Unity as derived from a blended number of the top 1000 games in the Google Play Store and Apple App Store. In 2022, Made with Unity Applications had more than 4 billion downloads per month. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, disability, gender, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
This position requires the incumbent to have a sufficient knowledge of English to have professional verbal and written exchanges in this language since the performance of the duties related to this position requires frequent and regular communication with colleagues and partners located worldwide and whose common language is English.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Your privacy is important to us. Please take a moment to review our Prospect and Applicant Privacy Policies. Should you have any concerns about your privacy, please contact us at DPO@unity.com .
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.