This job might no longer be available.
10 days ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn , Twitter and on our Blog .
About the Role
The Chat team is looking for a full-stack engineer to build and improve the tools (like Twitch Chat!) that users and broadcasters use to communicate on Twitch.
Does creating new products that enable viewers to interact with broadcasters appeal to you?
Are you interested in scaling one of the world's largest chat systems delivering up to 300 billion messages each day?
If you have the desire to build scalable, fault-tolerant, low-latency communication systems, come join us!
- Work to improve the Chat product for Twitch users
- Learn the team's web and backend codebase, patterns, architecture
- Add features to and maintain highly scalable backend systems
- Participate and lead code and design reviews
- Collaborate with product, design, data, and other engineering roles
- Familiarity with data structures, algorithms, data modeling and schema design
- Ability to apply quantitative reasoning and UX design principles to building applications
- 1+ years of experience building consumer-facing web applications at scale
- Experience building systems using Amazon Web Services
- Experience writing Go in production ready systems
- Experience working in a service-oriented or microservice architecture
- Experience with large data stores (DynamoDB, HBase, Cassandra)
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k) , Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution and Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks and Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.