5 days ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on Linkedin , Twitter and on our Blog .
About the Position
Twitch is looking for a Software Engineer to join our Security Development (SecDev) group. The team designs security software and tools that empower teams to keep Twitch secure. We create the building blocks that other teams use in their everyday development. We believe the best type of security software is easy to use security software. We're looking for a person that wants to participate in a positive, encouraging team that cares about the people it protects. Does that sound like you, or like someone you want to be? Cool. We would like for you to apply.
As a Software Engineer on SecDev, you will build security services and tools that support the many platforms, languages, tech stacks, and technologies across Twitch. We do not expect that you're an expert in all of these responsibilities. We want you to be familiar with several of the team's responsibility areas, or well versed in one of them and interested in the other areas. We know that lots of good people don't give themselves enough credit for their own competency. You are a software engineer at heart - you live and breathe to write code and build infrastructure; you just also have a passion for Security. If you think that you're interested, and that you may be qualified, please contact us. You cannot waste our time. Let us worry about our time.
- Work with leads and other engineers to design, develop security tools and services
- Help engineering teams to implement security requirements
- Identify and help address organization wide security programs.
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Work on security services and tools like service-to-service auth.
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or prior relevant engineering experiences
- 3+ years of profession experience writing software/tools used by other engineers
- Proficient experience level in one or more of the following language: Go, Ruby, Java, C++, Python
- You have knowledge/exposure to a few security concepts.
- You've worked on security tooling.
- Familiar with AWS ecosystem
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.