This job might no longer be available.
San Francisco, CA, United States
23 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Software Engineer (Network Back-end, Voice)
Location: San Francisco, CA (SoMa)
PlayStation Voice Experience is helping to innovate and create the next wave of voice experiences by building features that enable customers to interact with the PlayStation ecosystem using natural language. You will work alongside stakeholders in engineering, product, design, and research to build voice experiences for customers around the world.
Come help shape the future of the world’s largest gaming and media, immersive interaction and entertainment content distribution platform!
About the job:
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Providing solutions that are simple, maintainable, and well abstracted
- Implements proof-of-concepts with new technologies
- Manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables with your technical expertise
- Great & methodical in troubleshooting & problem solving
- Good at profiling & optimization of code
- You have 2-4 years of experience building distributed and scalable software
- You have built software using Go (Golang), Java or similar languages
- You have understanding of microservices architecture
- You have knowledge of different data storage technologies like Cassandra, DynamoDB etc
- You understand virtualization technologies Docker and Kubernetes
- You have good understanding of public cloud design like AWS or GCE
- You have proven success in partnering with key stakeholders in previous roles
- Communication is your strong suit: in code, in email, and face-to-face!
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.