15 days ago
Maximum Games and Modus are part of the Maximum Entertainment Group- a multinational development and publishing group dedicated to bringing the highest level of innovation, technology, and creative ambition to the global games market through its growing family of brands. The group currently consists of five studios and four publishers and leverages each entity’s unique capabilities and brand identity to deliver influential and entertaining content to gamers worldwide.
As a Software Engineer, you will be a critical part of our team, responsible for developing and porting our games to console platforms. With a strong background in C++ and low-level programming, you will help us build and optimize our games for the best possible player experience.
This position is full-time, hybrid (with regular work from the office and a few days of WFH each week) and will be based out of our studio in Debrecen.
In this role, you will:
- Write efficient, maintainable, and robust code using C++.
- Collaborate with other team members to understand technical requirements and constraints for console platforms.
- Ensure efficient and successful porting of games to consoles, including gameplay, graphics, audio, and networking aspects.
- Diagnose and fix bugs.
- Develop and port games to various console platforms and implement console-specific features while ensuring compliance with platform requirements.
- Optimize game performance and memory usage using low-level programming techniques.
Ideally, you have:
- Mid to senior level experience in software engineering within the games industry.
- Contributed to at least one shipped console title.
- Strong proficiency in C++.
- Experience in porting to console platforms and handling platform compliance requirements.
- Hands-on experience with low-level programming, including optimization.
- Familiarity with optimizing performance and memory usage on resource-constrained platforms.
Additional Information: All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.