4 days ago
Frostbite is EA’s state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. Our global team develops creative engine features and modern tools that let our game makers create stunning games. We’re honored to have thousands of game developers worldwide using Frostbite as they create some of the industry’s best-known titles and amazing player experiences. Join us as we help shape the future of gaming with Frostbite.
The mission of the Frostbite AI team is to develop tools, workflows, and runtime features that support the diverse AI and gameplay needs of game teams throughout the world, such as Crowd Simulations, Character Behavior Authoring, Pathfinding, and Machine Learning.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- What work do we need to get done?
- Work collaboratively to provide high-quality cross-platform products in C++, in an Agile environment.
- Work on all aspects of software engineering, including testing, debugging, documentation, optimization, and integration, under the direction of more experienced Software Engineers (SEs).
- Work with co-located and remote colleagues and participate in technical discussions.
- Make sure our designs are effective, with excellent documentation and testing. Our main goal is to make our technology easy to use and maintain in the future.
- Work with Frostbite senior team members to understand customer needs and deliver incrementally on their highest priority features and requirements.
- Provide solid estimates for new, un-scoped work, with guidance from more experienced SEs.
- What will you be making?
- You will be an AI Behavior Tree Software Engineer, developing entities' behaviors and gameplay logic visually, by using control flow structures and task nodes. This system is a significant part of multiple EA games, including Battlefield and Madden. You will work with peers from multiple game studios and the worldwide Frostbite team, implementing essential AI gameplay tools for our game engine.You will report directly to the team's Engineering Manager to help you work on your career goals. We hope you will join our team, to improve the AI technology and contribute to the success of EA's biggest titles!
- Required Qualifications
- Pursuing or holding a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- Familiarity with C++ OOP practices (algorithms, data structures, design patterns, STL extensions)
- Understanding of memory management, multi-core use, profiling, and optimization.
- Basic exposure to multithreaded programming and debugging experience.
- Previous software development experience (including academic or home projects).