This job might no longer be available.
Software Engineer - .NET
12 days ago
Electronic Arts Information Technology (EAIT) group keeps our employees and business operations connected globally. As a digital entertainment company, EA's enterprise technology needs are diverse and span across game development, workforce collaboration, marketing, publishing, player experience, security, and corporate activities. We bring creative technology services to each one of these areas, keeping everyone creative, collaborative and productive. Our team ensures better play across all of EA and needs your help to do that.
Help us to develop software applications to support the worldwide game development process. Our development team's mission is to provide solutions and services to teams involved in game development. Help us to provide third-level user support and assistance in the administration of live services.
The new Software Engineer will be a part of the Game Development Applications (EA IT) organization and will report to the Senior Manager, Software Engineering.
- You will write purposeful, readable, straightforward code, following standards including syntax and structure, designed in a logical and reusable fashion, incorporating feedback from code reviews;
- You will have to understand memory management mechanisms (new/delete, garbage collection) – depending on language and platform;
- You will create unit test cases on sections of owned code; design test cases and identify any code/defects fixes to be made;
- Provide time estimates and track time for assigned tasks;
- You will participate in collaborative efforts within our team;
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in Software Engineering (or related discipline);
- At least 2 years of experience developing web and mobile applications;
- 2+ years of experience with Microsoft SQL and desirable experience with other RDBMS (Oracle, MySQL);
- Knowledge of design patterns, performance issues, and troubleshooting strategies;
- Experience working on larger projects following industry standards (e.g. Agile) is desirable.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in interactive entertainment. We develop and deliver games, content and online services across platforms. We have a broad portfolio of brands that span the most popular genres.
We exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together experienced people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow our employees to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
Join us in driving the next revolution in games.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.