Systems Engineer (Platform Integrations)
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when accomplished people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends , Titanfall , Titanfall 2 , Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond . Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
- Work closely with other engineers to understand and solve complex architectural issues
- Troubleshoot issues and find a proper resolution.
- Own major, cross cutting technical programs and driving them to completion
- Work with EA Central Tech, Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo to integrate their systems into Apex Legends
- Report to the Lead Engineer
- You have solid C/C++ skills. 3 or more years
- You have passion for making and playing games.
- Proficient in Microservices Architecture / Web Infrastructure / REST / Protobuf / TLS / Etc
- Experience integrating complex SDKs into large engines with multiple moving pieces
- Experience with large code bases and experience optimizing code and data to improve both memory consumption and execution speed.
Nice to Have
- You have shipped at least one AAA title
- Degree -Bachelor's CS/Math or higher. ( Or Equivalent work exp)
- Engineering experience working with consoles (Sony/Nintendo/Microsoft)
- Engineering experience working with window PC ( Microsoft/Steam/Origin)
- Solid foundation in TCP and UDP networking.
- Prior professional experience as a respected engineer on a game team.
- Comfortable in/with Windows, Linux, Perforce, Visual Studio, curl, PHP, and LUA/Squirrel …