14 days ago
Presentation Software Engineer
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connection of millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. Innovation, passion and team-work is at the heart of everything we do. With studios in Vancouver, Bucharest, Orlando, and Cologne; we are looking for the brightest talent so we can continue to create experiences that connect with millions of hearts and minds the world over.
The Presentation Software Engineer will be involved in the end-to-end feature development process from architecture design, implementation, debugging, and tuning on multiple platforms and devices, working on complex problems with Designers, Content Creator and other Engineers. You will report to the team's manager and work with your peers on developing the game's foundation layer.
**This position is a 12 month contractual employment opportunity**
- Collaborates with design to provide feedback and then creates clear and estimable technical designs.
- Delivers tested and high-quality technical implementations that meet design requirements.
- Awareness of how implementation impacts performance and memory budgets.
- Actively looks for ways to increase team efficiency through tooling or workflow enhancements.
- Contributes to core EA technologies in an architecturally sound way to enable collaborative development efforts.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Works well with high-level technical guidance and quickly adapts to changing code bases and problems.
- Demonstrates problem solving and debugging skills.
- Flexibility and ability to quickly ramp up on existing code bases.
- Passion for the craft of programming and demonstrable development experience.
- Understanding of C++ language, best practices, and architectural considerations.
- Familiarity with the game development industry and console development.
- Experience using project tools (e.g. JIRA) and an SCM system (e.g. Perforce, GitHub).
- Must be available to work on-site out of our Orlando Studio.