EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, and EA SPORTS UFC.
For this role we are looking for someone to help build our core development team, specifically one of the back-end teams critical to shipping. We are looking for engineers who are strong at analyzing existing code bases and triaging a variety of issues. Bug fixing in existing features and tools and the addition of new, dev-only features will be the core of your experience.
This position is a 12-month contractual employment opportunity*
- Merge code and data between multiple development lines.
- Maintain stability of the product during development.
- Ensuring the product is stable in production.
- Debug and fix issues in the product or in the tools used to develop the product.
- Communicate priorities with partner teams.
- Evaluate risk level of actions.
- Proposing, documenting, and implementing changes to improve team processes.
- 2 years’ experience with C++ language, best practices, and architectural considerations.
- 2 years’ experience with problem-solving and debugging skills.
- Ability to quickly ramp up on an existing code base.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and then the ability to re-prioritize accordingly.
- Communicate with people across all different development team ranks, disciplines, and skills.
- Familiarity with version control software. Perforce is a plus.
- Familiarity with common development tools.