12 days ago
We are Frostbite
Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine, powering games such as Battlefield, FIFA, Madden, Plants vs. Zombies, Need for Speed, Anthem, and Star Wars Battlefront II.
The Frostbite Engine group in EA is looking for a Procedural Software Engineer for the Frostbite team.
What you will do as a Frostbite Procedural Software Engineer:
The mission of the Procedural team is to develop state-of-the-art procedural technologies into Frostbite to help game teams around the world build bigger and richer games.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the procedural team engineer works from low-level mesh processing / content database up to high-level World Editor UI and DCC workflows code.
You will build high-quality code, review code & designs written by other software engineers, and work with game teams to help them improve existing and develop new technologies.
We're looking for:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or Software Engineering or equivalent
- High level of proficiency with C++, and good understanding of C#
- 2+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience designing maintainable, structured and documented code
- Experience with object-oriented design patterns and test-driven development
- Understanding of multithreaded architectures and synchronization principles
- Excellent debugging skills
- Knowledge of asset data pipelines, procedural asset generation
- Experience with Agile methodologies for software development.
- Experience with Python for scripting or tool development
- Experience with Houdini, Maya SDKs or other DCC tools
- Experience with geometry/mesh formats and processing
- Understanding of memory management, multi-core use, profiling and optimization
What's in it for you?
- Work in an friendly environment with a flexible schedule and a great culture
- Learn a massive amount of skills and professional software development practices
- Participate in worldwide gaming-related events and conferences
- Have your name on the credits of the triple-A games based on Frostbite
- Have dedicated time allocated for innovation and prototyping personal projects
- Opportunity to travel to worldwide EA studios locations to work with game and engine teams
- Comprehensive health and benefit packages
- Of course, free video games
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages. And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make outstanding games, we offer great compensation and benefits packages and a culture that values creativity and individuality.
Are you ready to join the game?
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.