This job might no longer be available.
C++ Online Software Engineer - FIFA
11 days ago
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connection of millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. At the heart of EA SPORTS is the FIFA franchise. EA SPORTS FIFA is the world’s #1 best-selling video game with over 200M engaged players across multiple platforms, including console, PC, and mobile.
FIFA is the biggest console game in the world and its development is fueled by multiple passionate teams all working together to create amazing player experiences. We are in the midst of adding a new team into the fray, one that is longer-term oriented and has a prominent R&D component embedded within it.
As part of FIFA, the ultimate purpose of this team is to be a catalyst for meaningful and impactful innovation and change. It's going to work in support and evolution of the overall FIFA business and teams and its goal is to provide the technological and experiential capabilities to build the FIFA of tomorrow.
As an Online Software Engineer, you will help build our networked play development team – whether that be in our online career mode, ultimate team, or core online systems and protocols. We are looking for engineers who enjoy prototyping and planning, adding amazing new features to an existing and beloved game, and improving existing code.
- Develop technical solutions for online game features.
- Work with a proprietary engine to develop stable, scalable, efficient and shareable code.
- Look for ways to increase team efficiency through tooling or workflow enhancements.
- Awareness of how technical implementation impacts our performance and memory budgets.
- Work with 3rd party software APIs.
- You will report to the online team's manager and work with your peers on developing FIFA's foundation layer.
- 4+ years of experience in C++ software development.
- Experience with Client/Server, Peer-to-Peer and multi-threaded architectures.
- Knowledge of modern database technologies.
- Knowledge of networking protocols.
- Knowledge of good software programming practices.
- Experience with 3rd party APIs.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- 2+ years of experience working on Microsoft, Sony or Nintendo game consoles or other embedded systems is a plus.
- Experience of real-time game networking is a plus.
- Experience with Visual Studio and deep knowledge of the debugging tools.
- Experience with source control systems will come in handy.
- Experience with scripting languages (Python, Lua) and interpreted languages (C#)