This job might no longer be available.
1 month ago
EAX is a team within EA that defines and creates several digital distribution and subscription products that are at the heart of EA's strategy. We are adept and excel in exploring new digital business models, and by connecting players with each other around the games they love. Familiar products we create include: Origin - EA’s direct-to-consumer platform for PC, and EA Access - a new subscription service for Xbox, Playstation, and Steam.
What a Software Engineer II does at EAX:
You will report to an Engineering Manager and work with a team of dedicated engineers on our next-generation content authoring tool which will power our digital distribution and subscription products. The tools and workflows you build will be part of a large content pipeline which allows millions of players to purchase and play our games. You will work closely with our team of software engineers, along with the product owner, to ensure the solution meets the needs of our users. Your typical day will consist of working with the latest web technologies on the front and back end, and building on top of AWS solutions.
- Work on NodeJS web services with asynchronous data operations as part of a larger data pipeline
- Build ReactJS components to create a user interface which supports our customers’ workflows
- Ensure reliability and maintainability of our applications with automated testing and proper documentation
- Participate in the team’s development cycle of designing, planning, estimating, breaking down work, implementing, and testing
- Work with product management and our users to ensure the solution meets the requirements and our users’ needs
Skills and experience :
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or higher
- 4+ years of relative experience
- Have experience building applications in an agile environment
- A background in Data Structures, Algorithms, Design patterns, analysis of algorithm complexity and efficient implementation of complex algorithms
- Experience with software development tools such as source control systems, automated build systems, compilers, software validation systems, test harnesses, integration, and deployment
- Development experience with cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services, Azure
- Development experience with content management systems or authoring tools
- An eye for user experience and design
- Interest and experience in video games and games industry