This job might no longer be available.
Software Engineer – Machine Learning Systems
14 days ago
The Frostbite Engine Team
The worldwide Frostbite team works on AI, Rendering, Animation, Physics and other engine features that are used across EA games.
The mission of the Frostbite AI team is to develop tools, workflows, and runtime features that support the diverse AI and gameplay needs of game teams throughout the world, such as: Crowd Simulations, Character Behavior Authoring, Pathfinding, and Machine Learning.
You will be a Software Engineer that develops Machine Learning tools and workflows for the Frostbite Engine. You will work with peers from multiple game studios and the worldwide Frostbite team, to help game creators use Machine Learning capabilities in Frostbite. We hope you will join our team to evolve the AI technology and contribute to the success of EA's biggest titles. You will report directly to the team's Engineering Manager to help you work on your career goals.
- Work collaboratively to provide high-quality cross-platform products in C++ in an Agile development environment.
- Work on all aspects of software engineering, including debugging, documentation, optimization and integration.
- Ensure our designs are simple, backed up with great documentation and automated testing to accelerate ease of use and future maintenance of our technology.
- Work with co-located and remote colleagues and to participate in technical project discussions
- Work with the AI leaders and Frostbite senior team members to understand customer needs, features and requirements.
- Provide solid estimates for planned new work.
- Review and provide feedback on technical designs and code written by other software engineers.
- Work with the game teams to help them improve existing and develop new technologies.
- Bachelor's Degree or greater in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
- 7+ years of experience developing software products
- Mastery of the C++ language, algorithms and data structures
- Familiarity with open-source machine learning frameworks (e.g. PyTorch, Tensorflow, ONNX Runtime)
- Understanding of memory management, multi-core use, profiling and optimization
- Multithreaded programming and debugging experience
- Understanding of multiple hardware platform portability challenges
- Working knowledge of Machine Learning and Deep Learning concepts
- Working knowledge of tensor algebra and numerical methods
- Working knowledge of Python and C#
The Benefits of Becoming Part of the Team:
- Work in an environment with a flexible schedule and a great culture
- Make friends among smart and fun people
- Learn a massive amount of skills and professional software development practices
- Participate in worldwide gaming-related events and conferences
- Have your name on the credits of the triple-A games based on Frostbite
- Have dedicated time allocated for innovation and prototyping personal projects
- Set personal development goals and be supported to achieve them
- ….and of course, free EA video games
And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make outstanding games, we offer great compensation and benefits packages and a culture that values creativity and individuality.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.