Vancouver British Columbia Canada
6 days ago
Software Engineer - DRE - Frostbite
DRE are EA's continuous integration and build experts. We are located in EA studios across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific.
We pride ourselves on providing superior automation services to our internal customers - EA's game, engine, product, and content teams. Our services include Build & Test Automation, Continuous Integration, Metrics Reporting, and Virtual Infrastructure Management. Learn more about us here.
We are seeking a Build Engineer to join DRE and provide exemplary services to our partner teams at EA Vancouver.
- Work as a technical liaison with development teams to address build issues and improvements
- Collaborate with team-mates to maintain and enhance a robust automation pipeline
- Create, modify, and maintain pipeline and workflow tools
- Monitor automation systems and proactively respond to breakages
- Monitor and analyze metrics to optimize automation systems
- Report regular status on assigned tasks and proactively identify project risks and issues
- Document issues and solutions
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Software development experience
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Experience with Jenkins (or similar CI tool)
- Experience with revision control and version-control concepts including branching and integrations
- Experience with Python (or other scripting languages), batch, and XML
- Experience writing and debugging in Java or C#
- Ability to self-manage tasks and responsibilities
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent understanding of software engineering concepts, debugging processes and procedures
- Excellent documentation skills