7 days ago
This position, with the title of Software Engineer, is in the Frostbite Live Service team and reports to the Engineering Manager. Frostbite is the one engine for Electronic Arts, and through our unique development process, we aim to produce a functional, reliable, usable and high-end product for our game developers.
The Live Service team provides the infrastructure and services required by Frostbite's CI, validating hundreds of code changes every day. In our team, you will operate and scale a global farm with on-premise and cloud components. You will set up and troubleshoot build and test automation on multiple games and platforms, and even prototype hardware. You will develop monitoring to reduce manual intervention to a minimum. Working with Frostbite software, quality and release engineers, you will make efficient, reliable, secure development workflows possible. You will also share your solutions and best practices with DevOps engineers across EA.
- You will Operate Frostbite's CI, working with team mates to keep the automation pipeline fast and reliable across branches and platforms.
- Manage and scale up the hardware, virtual infrastructure and services.
- Respond to breakages, diagnosing and fixing problems in complex systems.
- Report status and thoroughly documenting issues and solutions.
- Develop monitoring and other systems that reduce the time spent on support.
- Partner with Frostbite engineers to understand and fulfil their evolving requirements, e.g. ensuring quick feedback and accurate error messages.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- 1+ years of experience working with customers in solving technical problems.
- Interest in hardware and multi-platform development.
- Ease to organize your work across competing demands.
- Can-do mentality, eager to try things out and take on new technologies.
- Collaboration with local and remote teams, sharing knowledge and responsibilities.
- Familiarity with DevOps, build systems, and CI software and workflows.
- Scripting or programming experience, including debugging processes.
- 1+ years of experience with game development kits (Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo)
- Experience with C#