This job might no longer be available.
14 days ago
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC .
The C++ Engineer will be a part of the game creation process, including architectural design, implementation, and debugging on multiple platforms—working on complex problems with Designers, Artists and other Engineers in domains including rendering, gameplay, audio, user interface, online, physics, databases and tools. You will report to the team's manager and work with your peers to develop the game.
For this role, we are looking for someone that is interested in becoming an Online Software Engineer in the future, focusing on the Client-server, peer-to-peer and multi-threaded side of our games.
- You will work on technical solutions covering main aspects of game-development covering main areas of game development technologies, game features and optimizations of frame-rate and load-times.
- You will work with other domain owners to integrate and develop technologies into the game
- You will analyze impact to above mentioned metrics throughout the development cycle.
- You will provide feedback, guidance and solutions for improvement and optimizations.
- You will report to the development manager and work with your peers to develop the FIFA's foundation layer.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- C++ proficiency.
- 2+ years of experience in C++ software development.
- Proficiency in integrating and maintaining large-scale systems covering multiple domains.
- Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and run-time optimization.
- Knowledge of assembler, scripting languages (Python, Lua) and C#.
- Experience with 3rd party APIs.
- Skills debugging complex applications.
- Knowledge of job-based architectures might come in handy.
- Strong understanding of geometry, linear algebra, calculus, and physics as they pertain to transformations and motions in 3D space
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- Experience with any of these beneficial, but not required: XBOX and PlayStation platforms; Mobile, PC, or Cloud-based games; graphics libraries such as DirectX, OpenGL, or Metal; static and performance