This job might no longer be available.
23 days ago
Team Name:Battle.net & Online Products
Job Title:Software Engineer
Job Title: Software Engineer, Game Services Core
Reporting To: Technical Lead
Department: B&OP Engineering
Location: Irvine, CA
As a Software Engineer on the Game Services Core team, you will join a tight-knit Empowered Product Team that develops scalable, highly performant, and highly available global game services. This role focuses on building and improving the core platform which powers player social features and game systems, as used by studios across Activision and Blizzard and daily by millions of players concurrently. This team is the lynchpin of Battle.net player systems and you will be involved in some fashion on every major release!
Candidates must work well on a team, have an interest in developing large distributed systems with a strong focus on server-side C++, and exhibit a passion for creating core technology used by other engineers.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Contribute to the development of architecture, technology, frameworks, and libraries (our core platform) which facilitate the authoring, deployment, and operation of scalable, highly performant, and highly available distributed services
- Adhere to established coding standards & development practices, maintain efficient coding practices, and produce clean code that works
- Participate in code & design reviews
- Participate in on-call rotation to rapidly resolve live incidents related to our systems
- Collaborate with teams building on the core platform
- Focus on outcomes, rather than output
- Uphold and promote the Blizzard Core Values
- 2 years of experience with software development in C++
Knowledge & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer science-related field or equivalent experience
- Experience building distributed systems and client/server applications
- Experience with Linux development, GDB debugging, and command line tools
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- 3-4 years of experience with software development in C++, including C++17 or later
Knowledge & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science with a specialization in Software Engineering
- Experience developing libraries, frameworks, and/or SDKs for use by other developers
- Functional Programming (Rust, OCaml, Scala, F#, Haskell, or others)
- GCP, AWS, Alicloud, OpenStack, or other public/private cloud experience
- Windows application or service development
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes, Docker, Rancher, Argo CD, etc
- Working knowledge of large-volume low-latency message systems (Kafka, RabbitMQ, MQTT, NATS, TIBCO, RedPanda, etc)
- Relational and NoSQL databases (MySQL, Cassandra, Redis, etc)
- Supporting a live always-on service
- A passion for video games and technology
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $101,000.00 - $186,754.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.