13 days ago
Job Title:Software Engineer
The intersection of business, technology, and user experience
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented software engineer experienced in .NET application development to help us design, implement, and maintain our internal applications for customer support. You will collaborate with designers, product managers, and other software engineers to provide the most epic customer support experience, both for our players and our Game Masters. You will contribute to the Blizzard Support web site and our proprietary customer support software that Game Masters use to deliver an epic support experience. The software you write will integrate with services from game development and platform teams at Blizzard so that our players and Game Masters can resolve any issue they encounter. Our team loves Blizzard games, and we care deeply about ensuring everyone can fully enjoy our games; if you do too, then this is the team for you!
- Design and implement innovative solutions to deliver an epic support experience to Blizzard customers and Game Masters (customer support representatives)
- Provide technical leadership across Service Technologies with respect to backend systems development
- Collaborate and communicate with business analysts, designers, producers, and partner team members throughout the development process
- Document and share best practices with engineers across Blizzard
- Diagnose and resolve live operations issues, occasionally during non-traditional work hours
- Mentor junior engineers across Service Technologies
- Good working knowledge of C#
- Surface knowledge of Typescript
- Experience developing applications server and desktop applications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent industry experience
- 1-4 years industry experience
- Analytical and Troubleshooting skills
- Good communication skills
- Passion for software development and learning
- Knowledge of Blizzard Games and Services
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with observability, analytics, and reporting solutions
- Experience collaborating in large multi-disciplinary teams
- Contributions to Open Source and personal projects
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.