11 days ago
Job Title:Software Engineer
Who we are:
Demonware is a member of the Activision family of studios. We run every part of the players’ online experience, from logging in to matchmaking to climbing the leaderboards, for popular video game franchises such as Call of Duty, Tony Hawk Pro Skater, Crash Bandicoot and Skylanders.
The work we do together every day impacts almost half a billion players around the world. We solve big company challenges with a small company feel. We are technology-driven with a culture of openness. This means collaborating to solve interesting challenges, enjoying the freedom to talk to anyone, and always feeling respected. We take the work seriously; ourselves, not so much.
What we do:
We’re looking for a Software Engineer to join our Storage team and work on Backend Services and Game integrations. We are built on top of Kubernetes, Cassandra DB, Redis, Elasticsearch, Kafka and typically deployed to our own on premises hardware using Ansible, Puppet or git workflows. Knowledge of some of these technologies would be a huge plus. All our services are accessed from C++ clients which are integrated into Activision’s bespoke game engines.
- Build online services to store game profiles, statistics, progression, replays, user generated content, configuration and other data for some of the biggest games on earth.
- You will contribute to our technical direction and standards with fellow engineers on the Storage team and across Demonware.
- You will design and implement features, run services and help our game studios integrate features into current and future games
- This is a Dev Ops role that includes maintaining and supporting the live services that you develop.
- Relevant work experience, including in a high-volume or critical production service environment
- Knowledge of C++ and/or Python. Knowing both is ideal but one is sufficient if you are happy to learn the other
- Experience building and running distributed systems development and service oriented architectures
- A proven ability to analyze requirements and make corresponding design decisions
- Experience with at least one major database MySQL, Cassandra, Hadoop, etc. Preferably at very large scale
- A strong background with open source and Linux environments
- Experience working at scale - hundreds or thousands of servers is a big plus
- Knowledge of AWS or Google cloud is a plus
What Demonware Offers:
Relocation support, generous paid vacation, p ension and top-tier medical, dental and life insurance coverage for you and your dependents.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.