7 days ago
Job Title:Software Engineer
Who we are:
Demonware is an independently-run part of Activision. We run every part of the players' online experience, from logging in to matchmaking to climbing the leaderboards, for popular video game franchises such as Call of Duty, Tony Hawk, Crash Bandicoot and Skylanders. Our services impact almost half a billion players, we tackle big company challenges with a small company feel.
If you’re passionate about working with game studios, large scale systems and online multiplayer technology in a collaborative environment then we’d love to hear from you!
That sounds amazing, but what kind of impact can I make?
We are looking for a Professional Software Engineer and you'll be joining our Game Services department at Demonware, based out of our Shanghai office. Demonware has some of the biggest entertainment launches in the world with player counts going from zero to millions of players on day one and our services make that possible. This means you will impact the online and multiplayer experience for AAA multiplayer games such as Call of Duty and as well as future unannounced projects.
Awesome, what will my “day-to-day” look like?
- Develop custom backend online services and features that are reliable and scale to be used by millions of players all around the world.
- Own, operate and support the services and features you develop.
- Work as a partner to game studios, designing online and multiplayer experiences.
- Work with game studio engineers to troubleshoot problems with online and multiplayer features.
What would you like to see in my background?
- Experience developing backend online services and features that are reliable and scale to be used by millions of users all around the world
- Experience with the operation and support of the services or features you develop
- Skilled in Python or C++ coding, or skills in a similar language
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases
- Understanding of networking fundamentals, e.g. TCP/IP, UDP, security and scalability
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience with distributed systems and web technologies
Nice to have:
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Interest in large scale services (up to millions of concurrent users)
- Experience working with container orchestration e.g. Kubernetes
- Experience with multi-platform development, including PC, Xbox One, and PS4
- Experience with game development
What Demonware Offers:
Relocation Support, 25 days of vacation and bonus days , top-tier medical, dental, and life insurance coverage for you and your dependents, free games, and perks.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.