This job might no longer be available.
Senior Software Engineer
1 month ago
Who We Are:
2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming devices and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets. 2K is a leading publisher of today’s most popular gaming genres and most well-known for critically acclaimed game franchises like NBA 2K, Borderlands, WWE 2K, Bioshock, XCOM and the beloved Sid Meier’s Civilization.
Our vision at 2K is to create a diverse and inclusive environment to “Come as You are and Feel Equipped to do Your Best Work!” We are dedicated to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and equality in all that we do. Our communities are focused on increased access and personal growth, and their greatness depends on a diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and perspective. We're an equal opportunity employer, and we're excited to build the future of co-living with the world's most hardworking and passionate people!
The Core Technology group is responsible for identifying common problems across the company and building solutions to those problems. We fill our team with individuals who enjoy a challenge, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, and want to take ownership and responsibility for products. If you are passionate about working in the game industry and implementing cool features and working on cutting edge technology for our game products, come join our team.
What You Will Do:
- Design, document and code testable, scalable, distributed, fault-tolerant systems
- Work with external groups to provide architecture, code feedback, strategy, and technical direction
- Mentor engineers and champion best-practices within the engineering team
- Work with product managers to capture requirements and turn them into engineering tasks
- Reduce technical debt associated with legacy applications through innovation and automation
Who We Believe Will Be A Great Fit:
- O5+ years professional experience in Java and/or Go
- Proficiency building scalable serverless and RESTful micro-services on Linux
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases at scale
- Experience with cloud providers like AWS and GCP
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Can effectively articulate sophisticated ideas to technical and non-technical audiences
- An attitude of achievement when our partners are successful
- B.S. in Computer Science, or equivalent
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- A passion for working in games
- Work with large scale services
- Solid C++ experience
- Jenkins or similar continuous deployment tools
- Experience with Perforce/Git
- OSX and Windows development knowledge