Software Engineer III- VOD
18 days ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn , Twitter and on our Blog .
About the Role
Twitch is building the future of interactive entertainment. As an engineer on the Video-on-demand (VOD) and Clips team, you will build and scale systems that underpin all of Twitch's non-live video streaming products.. Because we operate at the core of the Twitch experience, you'll work with teams across Twitch to advise, partner, and build exciting uses for on demand content within the Twitch ecosystem.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated back-end engineer to join our team. You should have experience building available and scalable applications. You will work with other engineers in our team to design, build, deploy and operate highly available systems.
- Develop, deliver, and operate new product services and features on native AWS infrastructure
- Scale and improve existing APIs and services used to power the Twitch video and clips platforms
- Contribute to overall team technical strategy and architecture design
- Mentor and cultivate the growth of the engineers around you
- Build tools and monitoring systems to ensure we sustain the service's consistent high availability and low error rates
- 5+ Years Industry Experience
- Experience working on existing, large, high-throughput applications and quickly making an impact
- Experience developing with static-typed languages.
- Experience with large data stores (DynamoDB, Cassandra)
- Managed infrastructure projects
- Ability to create performant concurrent applications that handle hundreds of thousands of requests per second on a single instance
- A passion and interest in collaboration; we work with our other team members, Edge team members, AWS experts, downstream service owners, frontend engineers, and other stakeholders
- Know Go and have used it in production ready systems
- Experienced in using and building on AWS
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k) , Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages , etc. ),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.