Software Engineer (Unreal Engine)
15 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Role: Software Engineer (Unreal Engine)
Future Technology Group are PlayStation’s technology experts. We research and develop innovative technologies that push the boundaries of play, helping game developers make the best games on PlayStation by creating a world class SDK.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will be involved in all stages of the development life cycle within an agile environment, from feature design and planning through to implementation, QA and launch
- Designing, implementing and delivering applications with C++ and Unreal Engine
- Working within a small team with additional designers, artists and programmers
- Researching and presenting proof-of-concepts using different software and hardware solutions
What we're looking for:
This is a mid-level to senior role, but open to new and recent graduates that can demonstrate the below skills with a portfolio/github repo. You’ll need to be passionate about games, software and hardware design, and you’ll need to have some (not all) of the following
- Strong proficiency in modern C++
- Unreal Engine programming experience
- Shader programming experience
- Experience of 3D/UI graphics programming with Vulkan or similar API
- Experience with testing methodology and frameworks
- Strong technical background in maths or computer science, educated to at least degree level or with equivalent experience
- Able to review, debug and enhance already produced code
- Ability to work constructively as part of a larger team
- Ability to work proactively on your own
- Good presentation and communication skills
Nice to have
- Experience with Unity (c#)
- Experience with git/github source control
- Experience with Jenkins continuous integration systems
- Experience of video encoding
- Knowledge of PlayStation hardware and SDK
Benefits of working in the Future Technology Group:
- Technology development is not constrained by specific games/engines. There is time and space to research and develop cutting edge technologies
- Opportunities to participate in global hackathons
- Opportunity to develop your knowledge and skills by learning about the latest techniques in a team of experts with a wealth of industry experience
- Relaxed working environment with high level of trust and autonomy. All staff are encouraged to express their views and challenge the status quo
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.