At AccelByte, our mission is to empower game creators by providing them with the backend platform and tools required to make scalable, reliable AAA-quality games. The company was founded in 2016 by industry veterans who have engineered online systems for some of the largest game and distribution platforms in the world including Fortnite, Epic Store, Xbox Live, PlayStation Network, and EA Origin. We are backed by top investors including Softbank, Sony Interactive Entertainment, Galaxy Interactive, NetEase, and Krafton. Our latest Series B funding has firmly solidified our place as a top player in the gaming industry. AccelByte’s talent has decades of experience building and shipping some of the largest game and distribution platforms in the world.
We believe that the best companies empower employees to make decisions, obsess about the best user experience, and are not afraid to make and learn from their mistakes. Our culture is based on humility, openness to feedback, drive, and collaboration, which we feel results in the best performing teams. As a company that values diversity, inclusion, and employee growth, our employees have opportunities to work with and learn from teams all over the world. We offer competitive salaries, a full range of health benefits, social activities, career growth opportunities, and an amazing team. Come join us!
The Software Engineer (Unreal Engine) designs and implements runtime integration with our tools and backend services, working closely with internal teams and external clients to deliver frictionless quality development experiences.
The Software Engineer (Unreal Engine) is accountable for the following functions and responsibilities:
- Design and build Unreal Engine integrations with backend services
- Work closely with internal and external engineering teams
- Author or contribute to technical designs, documentation, tutorials, and sample apps
- Support and troubleshoot client integration and ensure client success
- Take ownership of a significant online domain or tools
- Perform any other design-related duties as required
- 3+ years working with C++
- Experience with Unreal Engine or bespoke game engine on consoles or mobile devices
- Experience working with online backend services
- Good understanding of online technologies including UDP, TCP, HTTP, gRPC, JWT
- Demonstrated ability to write clean, portable, reliable, and optimized code
- Excellent knowledge of algorithms, data structures, performance, and multi-threaded programming techniques
- Excellent skills in debugging and troubleshooting C++ code
- Up to date and willing to learn new technologies
- Ability to quickly understand and work with internal and externally developed code
- Familiarity with agile methodology
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate with other engineers and product managers
- Ability to work well in a fluid, changing environment as business challenges evolve
- Flexibility in working with people coming from different timezones
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related field of study
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine OSS
- Experience in the games industry
- Experience working with first-party online services such as Xbox Live, PlayStation Network, or Steam
AccelByte Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, all qualified candidates and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, age, or disability. Our culture is innovative and inclusive, and we value our people the highest.
Please visit our career page for a complete listing of our open positions: https://accelbyte.io/careers