This person works as a software engineer within a team to implement new cards and planeswalkers on an unreleased, online collectible card game that Pipeworks is developing with Wizards of The Coast.
Essential Job Functions
- Write code on both the game client and server to implement new cards, planeswalkers , and new game mechanics.
- Fix bugs in a large c# codebase (client and server).
- 3+ years p rofessional experience coding C# within the Unity game engine.
- Desire for a career in game programming with a commitment to continually honing your craft.
- Good communication skills, especially with non-engineering disciplines such as art and design.
- Any experience in leadership roles or project management.
- A passion for collectible card games, especially Magic: The Gathering.
- A BS in computer science or related field (mathematics, physics, engineering).
- Experience with any of the following:
- Game client-server networking
- Perforce version control
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life Insurance Policy
- Generous Paid Time Off (Vacation, Holiday, & Sick time)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness Club Discounts
- Annual Company Events
- Project Wrap Parties
Pipeworks Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Pipeworks Studios recognizes the importance of creating an environment where all our employees feel included and empowered to bring ideas to the table. We value each employee’s unique experiences and perspectives across our company and recognize that it is both the smart and right thing to foster diversity, equity, and inclusion within our organization.
By diversifying our workforce, increasing equity, and ensuring that our individual differences are valued, we are better able to deliver an experience that reflects, inspires, and connects with our audience... because games are for everyone!
Go to Pipeworks.com to see some of our continued efforts and our 2020 Diversity Report.