This job might no longer be available.
Software Engineer - Unity
7 months ago
Glu Mobile is excited to announce a new studio and project based in downtown Orlando FL!
Lead by co-founders Ian Cummings
, Paul Fleetwood
, Brian Fleming
, and Jeff Luhr
, this small studio team has all the quick turnaround and scrappiness of an indie studio, but with the resources and market knowledge of a larger company! We currently have a game in early stages and are looking for a talented engineer who wants to be on the ground floor of the studio, helping shape the future of the game and tech. If you want to get your hands deep in development and build amazing games with a world class development studio for Glu Mobile with all the agility and excitement of a startup while still having the backing and support of a major studio, we're hiring!
We are looking for a Unity Gameplay Engineer to help build an unannounced mobile title
- Design and implement new systems and pipelines
- Optimize and fine tune code for performance
- Work closely with QA to help define test cases
- Maintain existing codebase with other team members
- Tackle new challenges that arise during development
- 4+ years of recent C#/Unity 3D development experience
- Strong knowledge of OOP, design patterns, algorithms, and data structures
- Experience with mobile development (iOS/Android) on macOS
- Flexibility and willingness to learn new technologies as needed
- Ability to work well as part of a collaborative development team
- Excellent problem-solving skills, flexibility, and ability to handle multiple tasks
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with Multi-Threaded Development, Shaders and OpenGL, and Prototyping