Software Engineer, UI - World of Warcraft
1 month ago
Team Name:World of Warcraft
Job Title:Software Engineer, UI - World of Warcraft
Good user interface is elegant and intuitive; excellent user interface is a portal into adventure. It enables a player to be wholly engrossed in gameplay and immersed in story. The World of Warcraft user interface team is looking for a UI Engineer with the talent to craft good UI but with the creativity and passion to make exceptional UI.
So what do we look for in our UI engineers? You are able to identify and tackle challenges within an existing yet constantly evolving code base (the world of Azeroth is no small thing). We’re also highly collaborative, so you are comfortable working closely with others to develop a shared vision and then work to see it through to completion. Being World of Warcraft, it’s also helpful if you’re familiar with our gameplay (or other MMO’s) or perhaps have dabbled in making your own UI mods.We view user interface design as an art form, and we feel Blizzard is a special place to ply your craft.
Here you’ll be in a creative environment designed to encourage your best work, to foster learning and growing as a team passionate about translating dreams into reality. We’re on a quest to iterate and craft our UI into the best it’s ever been; until the complex becomes instinctive, and player tools evolve into a natural extension of the gaming experience. So, join us - if you understand our excitement and real passion for what we do and where we're taking our UI, we want to hear from you!
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Work closely with designers and other specialists to establish a shared vision for compelling UI features.
- Implement functional and elegant UI features from approved concept images and paper designs.
- Develop back-end functionality to support front-end features.
- Constantly observe and learn the latest programming techniques.
- Participate in and contribute to a culture of inclusion and diversity.
- Fluent in C++
- Fluent in high-level scripting languages such as Lua, Perl, or PHP
- A minimum of 2 years of programming experience
- Able to work with non-programming team members
- Passion for playing and making games (especially Blizzard games!)
- Experience with developing UI modifications for World of Warcraft
- Degree in computer science or related field
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!