Software Engineer, UGC Foundations
11 days ago
Rec Room is a virtual social app where you play and create games with friends. We are looking for a Software Engineer to work on our User-Generated Content (UGC) “Foundation Team” and support the underlying systems that drive all creation in Rec Room. As a Software Engineer you will build the systems that enable players to make their own games and spaces within Rec Room across multiple platforms (mobile, console, VR).
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Design and implement the core systems of Rec Room UGC!
- Ensure a robust foundation for our networking, physics, and more!
- Work autonomously, driving large projects with multiple developers, making sure the team delivers quality features on time and on budget
- Collaborate with teams across Rec Room to build great new technology for our players
WE ARE LOOKING FOR THE FOLLOWING:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience building and shipping production-ready C-family code (e.g. C#, C++)
- Experience shipping on multiplayer or social games (e.g., MMO)
- Experience working with game engines such as Unity or Unreal
- Excellent cross-discipline communication skills
- A constant desire to learn, improve, and help others improve
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE:
- Experience building UGC tools or systems
- Experience working with data oriented technology or entity component systems
- Experience with rendering, memory, or performance optimization
- Experience with modern gaming consoles and/or mobile game development
COMPANY INFO TO KNOW:
The base pay range for this position is $125,000-170,000 per year; however, the base pay may vary depending on job-related knowledge, location, skills, and experience. Stock options and, in some cases, a sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. We also offer a full slate of benefits, including flexible vacation, medical, dental vision, life and disability coverage, long-term care insurance, FSA, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan with company match, and a parental leave program. We also offer some not-so-standard benefits, including equipment, family, and pet care stipends.
Rec Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Applicants who are in need of a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, firstname.lastname@example.org . Rec Room will work with each individual to define their application-related needs and to try to accommodate those needs.
Applicants can find our CCPA disclosure notice here.