This job might no longer be available.
Software Engineer - Twitch Music
23 days ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn , Twitter and on our Blog .
About the Role
You will have demonstrated experience building front-end and backend codebase. You have knowledge of front-end and backend engineering methods, how best to meet latency code in ReactJS or VanillaJS. You will also have experience doing code-reviews and setting best engineering practices.
You can work from San Francisco, CA; Irvine, CA; New York, NY; Salt Lake City, UT; Vancouver, BC; or Toronto, ON.
- Embrace and champion engineering best practices within your group and Twitch
- Work with product managers, designers, and other collaborators to build great experiences
- Partner with fellow engineering teams to accomplish complex programs
- Develop new music product services and features
- Improve existing APIs and services, with a heavy focus on scale and availability
- You'll identify and uphold frontend & backend engineering best practices
- Work in a supportive team environment with shared code, code reviews, and disciplined quality control; quality begins with the developers on the team
- Produce clean code, tests, and well written documentation
- Bachelor's degree or above in Computer Science/Engineering or prior engineering experience
- Proficient coder in the following: Go, Java, C++, or similar languages
- Experience developing web applications and their backend APIs
- Experience working with product managers, designers, and other engineering leaders
- Familiarity in the AWS ecosystem of services (EC2, RDS, Dynamo, Lambda, and CloudWatch)
- Fluency in data structures, algorithms, data modeling, and schema design
- Familiarity with Graphql
- Proficiency in ReactJS
- Proficiency in ML or Mobile Development
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, or other legally protected status.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation , including medical or religious accommodation.
Job ID: TW6294
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.