Software Engineer - Tools
14 days ago
Twitch is the world’s biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It’s where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We’re about community, inside and out. You’ll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We’re on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we’re up to on LinkedIn and Twitter , get interviewing tips on Instagram , and discover projects we’re solving on our Blog .
About the Role
We're kicking off lots of new projects here so you'll design solutions and then implement your vision. You'll work with the users of your solutions, as you'll be part of Twitch's IVS video team. You'll collaborate with your users and iterate rapidly on what you build.
The video tools team works with software development, DevOps, and operations teams to specify and develop the next generation of tools used by our organization and help us migrate to those tools. You will report directly to the Engineering Manager for Video Tools.
You can be located in San Francisco, CA; Irvine, CA; Seattle, WA; New York, NY; and Salt Lake City, UT.
- Build tools that make engineers happy and make them more efficient
- Design services/processes to help operators to automate their jobs
- Work with your customers (other engineers) to understand their tooling needs
- Find opportunities on your own team and others to automate
- Always strive toward continuous improvement and operational efficiency
- Evaluate new systems to understand their strengths and weaknesses
- Contribute to build vs. buy decisions
- Co-own (with the team) projects delivering team goals
- Write code in Python and Go to support all of the above
- BS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of full-time industry experience
- Experience delivering automation tools or development infrastructure for software development or operations.
- Code ability at the system level in a language such as Go or Python.
- Documentation knowledge for technical users.
- Experience writing open-source contributions.
- Experience deploying code in a service-oriented architecture to AWS using multiple AWS features.
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet, Ansible, or Chef.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships , off-site massages.)
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
Job ID: TW7037
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.