Software Engineer - Tools
8 days ago
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We bring great entertainment to people around the world and deliver new games, new experiences, and new ways to play. In a time when we need to stay physically apart, it’s amazing to see how people are using games as a way to connect. We are adapting and forging ahead in service of our players by expanding our teams and hiring.
At the CrowdStar studio, we believe that there is a huge opportunity in interactive entertainment products for women, and our goal is to build products which engage, enrich and empower them.
With our two top grossing titles, Covet Fashion and Design Home, CrowdStar has developed new ways for users (players) to enjoy fashion and interior design. Not only are we changing how women game, we’re also changing how they discover and shop for everything from clothing to shoes, or furniture to home decor. As a team, we are passionate not only about creating fun and engaging games for women but enriching lives outside of the game.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our Tools Engineering team and play a critical role in supporting our hit mobile game - Design Home. Work across disciplines to develop and support game features, content pipelines, and a wide array of art and developer tools. Collaborate on and promote a thriving company culture that features happy hours, social events, and game jams/hack-a-thons.
You’ll most often:
- Work with other Tools engineers to integrate and support a wide set of pipelines and content validation services.
- Work with the client engineering team to help build and support robust, scalable core systems, and refactor existing systems as needed.
- Produce reliable estimates for tasks, and be able to propose alternatives to save on implementation time.
- Work with backend engineers to design, build, and debug network features across a variety of applications.
- Contribute to and uphold good production processes and coding practices.
You’ll be a great fit for this role if you have:
- 2+ years of professional experience with 1+ years of recent Unity experience.
- Good knowledge of optimizing Unity for maximum performance.
- Experience building tools in the Unity Editor, including using Unity editor UI.
- Professional experience with at least 1 scripting language other than Unity / C#.
- Self-motivated, reliable, resourceful, and capable of solving problems with limited support.
- Ability to ship high quality, bug-free code with little to no guidance.
- Good problem solving skills, flexibility, and ability to multitask.
Bonus points for:
- Experience with native platform development.
- Experience with custom shaders.
- Experience with a scripting language such as Python or NodeJS.
- Hands-on experience with some backend development.
All qualified applicants wil l receive consideration for employment. Glu is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We welcome people of different backgrounds and experiences to ensure a diverse and inclusive workplace.