This job might no longer be available.
Software Engineer, Tools
4 months ago
How would it feel for your contributions to have a major impact across all game development at Blizzard? This is your chance to find out! Blizzard Entertainment is developing a modern, cross-platform game engine to share across all of Blizzard and power the future of Blizzard games. This new project advances technology both at Blizzard and in the gaming industry. You’ll join a collaborative team of experienced and highly skilled game developers who will work with game teams across the company to deliver a truly epic game engine. Get in early and help shape the future of gaming. Are you in?
We are looking for an experienced Tools Generalist to help architect and build Engine Editor and Tools that will be used by future Blizzard games. Workflows and tooling are a critical component of how content creators interact with an engine, so our ideal candidate shares our passion for owning those experiences and making them a joy to use. You’ll work with our team and others around the company to craft and ultimately deliver on that shared vision.
- Implement tools and pipelines for the rapid creation and iteration of content
- Make possible a variety of editing experiences such as curve editors, timeline, node graphs, etc.
- Work with UX designers to create a pleasant and consistent tools environment
- At least 5 years of professional experience in engine tools programming
- Experience developing or maintaining editing experiences
- Fluency in C++
- Effective communication skills with developers of all technical skill levels
- Experience with “Dear ImGui” or similar Immediate Mode UI paradigms
- Successfully shipped cross-platform titles
- Collaborates with UX designers, artists, and designers
- Understands 3 rd party game engine systems and editing tools
- Familiarity with source control systems such as Git, Perforce, or Subversion
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!