Software Engineer, Tools
10 days ago
Team Name:Unannounced Project
Job Title:Software Engineer, Tools
We are looking for a talented tools developer, who is excited to have a broad range of responsibilities on our small and agile team. If you have a real passion for developing tools, analyzing workflows, improving the way we make games, and want to participate in the future of Blizzard, we would love to hear from you!
Our team values creativity, collaboration, and a commitment to quality and we are searching for like-minded developers to add to our team of talented game makers. Together we will learn, grow, and ultimately enjoy success by developing epic experiences for our players.
You will coordinate across disciplines with designers, artists, producers, and other engineers to ensure that everyone is heard and feels like they can succeed at their part in making the next great game. Along with that, everyone on our team is empowered to influence the game direction, and the ideal candidate will have a passion for quality and player experience.
- Design and implement development tools for all disciplines.
- Communicate with other departments within the team to improve our current tools and determine new solutions.
- Maintain tools for performance, stability, and error-free operation.
- Identify and resolve pipeline issues and discover opportunities for improvement.
- Passion for tool development -- enabling others to have the best tools available
- Good Understanding and working knowledge of C#
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in application programming
- Experience developing GUI applications for Content Creators
- Able to communicate and collaborate well with non-technical users, including artists and designers
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment
- Service-oriented attitude with an eye for efficiency
- Strong debugging skills
- Advanced understanding of game content pipeline and tools
- Experience creating tools and workflows in Unity Editor.
- User interface (UI) design experience
- Experience with modern source control systems, such as Git and Perforce
- Experience shipping multiple game titles, particularly those that utilize rapid iteration and deployment.
- Experience building tooling for and optimizing data delivery. This includes the ability to work in the engine to discover loading inefficiencies.