Software Engineer, Tools
7 days ago
Machine Zone (An AppLovin Company) is a global leader in mobile gaming, with a track record of delivering some of the world’s most successful mobile games including Game of War , Mobile Strike and Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire . We combine the power of technology and creative vision to create experiences that connect people from all corners of the globe. Machine Zone was acquired by AppLovin in May 2020.
AppLovin is a Certified Great Place to Work, one of Inc.’s Best Workplaces and a recipient of the 2019 Glassdoor Top CEO employee’s choice award. The San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal awarded AppLovin one of the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work in 2019, 2020 and 2021, and the Workplace Wellness Award in 2019 which recognizes businesses that are leaders in improving worker well-being.
Come help us define the future of how massively multiplayer live games are run! MZ is searching for a passionate Tools Developer to join the Content Optimization Team. This rapidly growing team is responsible for optimizing and streamlining creation of content and data across all MZ games, thereby empowering designers and sales teams to instead focus purely on making the games fun and engaging.
As a Tools Developer, you will work on content import pipelines for design, sales and events data. This role empowers you to act not only as a primary advocate for data workflow improvements but also make lasting contributions to some of the most critical pipelines for both game development and deployment.
What you will be doing
- Work as part of a team that owns tool pipelines that convert design, sales and events data into game runtime data
- Work directly with game designers and live operations on workflow automation and improvements
- Support and guide adoption of tools and processes
- Improve the minimum turnaround on highest recurring features
- Consider content scalability and maintainability in each tool
- Reduce tool support through tool usability and clarity iterations
- Apply technical solutions to game design problems
Your background and who you are
- 1+ years of professional work experience
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Passion for developing maintainable and measurable tools
- Solid foundation in algorithms and data structures
- Proficient with Lua
- Familiar with Unity
- Proficient with PHP or C#
- Familiarity with Google Sheets
- Proficient with Perforce and designer submission pipelines
- Flexibility to be available off hours for tool support
- Experience developing design data APIs and building performant game data pipelines
AppLovin is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.