Software Engineer, Tools
7 days ago
This is an exceptionally exciting time to be at Activision, a period of phenomenal change and ambition throughout the organization! Activision Central Tech (or "CT") is a global, multi-disciplinary team dedicated to supporting the technological needs of our games. We work alongside Activision studios around the world to build the most compelling entertainment experiences ever seen.
Activision is searching for a Tools Engineer to join its CT group based in Los Angeles, CA. This is a full-time permanent position, learning and working in a friendly and inclusive environment alongside some of the best game creators in the world. You will help us craft the next generation of the massively successful Call of Duty® series of games.
- Architect, refactor, optimize, and maintain tools, pipelines, core systems, and infrastructures.
- Develop new world building features, pipelines, and tools in support of large maps with many players.
- Improve workflows and iteration times.
- Research, design and build new tooling for our AAA technology.
- Debugging and optimization of existing tools pipeline and build systems
- Engage and co-develop with large geographically distributed teams
- Make optimal use of our cutting-edge build and testing infrastructure
- A degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years’ experience working as a programmer in the game industry or a related field.
Skills & Attributes: Our ideal candidate for this role would possess the following skills and attributes though these skills and attributes are not all required:
- Experience working on tools, content pipelines, and core engine systems.
- Experience with tools pipelines, build systems or test automation in shipped games.
- A proven understanding of computing fundamentals.
- Programming experience in Go, Rust, or C++
- Experience with a broad range of systems in shipped games.
- Ability to operate within a large, complex, and constantly evolving codebase.
- Experience working on multi-platform software projects.
- Creative, motivated, focused, and results oriented with a passion for games and technology.
- An understanding of virtualization and containerization (containers, kubernetes, virtual machines).
- Experience with automating games consoles or mobile platforms.
- Experience in relevant areas of code, including build systems, build automation, test automation, distributed processing, asset pipelines.
What we offer
- A friendly, international team of game technology experts ready to guide and support you.
- A healthy work-life balance. We create our best work when our free time is valued and respected.
- Access to counseling services and mental health support through our wellness programs such as AbleTo and our Employee Assistance Program
- 20 days paid vacation, holiday gift days and generous paid parental & family leave.
- Top-tier medical insurance coverage for you and your dependents, plus dental.
- Pension, extended health cover and life insurance.
- Comprehensive relocation support
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
About Activision Blizzard Media
Activision Blizzard Media is the gateway for brands to the #1 cross-platform gaming company in the western world, with hundreds of millions of players across over 190 countries. Our legendary portfolio includes iconic mobile game franchises such as Candy Crush™, esports opportunities like the Call of Duty® and Overwatch® Leagues, and some of the top PC and console gaming franchises such as World of Warcraft®, Call of Duty®, and StarCraft®.
The idea is simple: great game experiences offer great marketing experiences. We have built a new team to introduce innovative, impactful, and rewarding advertising experiences to our huge audience of highly-engaged players. We are looking for new talents to help take our emergent media offering to the next level.
We need all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can’t expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people.
Ready to play?
Come join our world and work alongside some of the best and brightest minds in the business.
All applications should be made in English.
Discover more at https://www.activisionblizzardmedia.com/
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $71,300.00 - $131,906.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.