Software Engineer, Tools - Diablo
15 days ago
Job Title:Software Engineer, Tools - Diablo
Senior Software Engineer, Tools - Diablo
We Need You
The minions of Hell are growing stronger...
Whether it’s with a commercial engine like Unreal or Unity or a proprietary engine used by AAA game studios, game development is about using tools to build games. We make our own tools. Have you tinkered with a commercial engine’s source code? Used mockups to design an interface, or prototyped ways to visualize data so it can be more easily edited? If so… stay awhile and listen.
The Diablo IV Tools Team is seeking a talented, motivated, and experienced Software Engineer to help evolve our sophisticated toolchain. Through direct collaboration and with the help of your fellow engineers, you’ll be empowering artists, designers, and programmers to build the world of Diablo IV.
- Learn and improve how Diablo IV content is authored through the design, implementation, and support of the applications and utilities that comprise our toolchain
- Find ways to make meaningful improvements to the tools by blending your professional judgment, end-user feedback, and the project’s goals and constraints
- Introduce and extend features in the tools our developers use to build worlds, balance systems, craft cutscenes, and more
- Support the project by answering users’ questions, fixing bugs, and collaborating with leadership to put the focus where it’s needed most.
- Build software that lasts, drawing on engineering principles and best practices for high-quality code
- Participate in playtests and provide feedback on the game itself
- 5+ years of experience writing, debugging, and profiling user-facing applications for Windows in C# using .NET and WPF in a large codebase
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science or similar field, with strong software engineering fundamentals and a demonstrated ability to apply performant data structures and algorithms to problems involving complex datasets
- A desire to assist, collaborate with and advocate for technical and non-technical users with strong verbal and written communications skills
- Eagerness to grow professionally as a tools engineer, with a passion for bringing your talents to bear on our unique techno-creative challenges
- Strong interest in the cutting-edge tech that powers high-performance applications and games
- Experience shepherding software through a full product lifecycle
- Experience with MVVM, IOC, and other principles and patterns common in enterprise applications
- Experience writing and debugging asynchronous and multi-threaded code
- Experience with C++ and native/managed interop
- Enthusiasm for and strong fundamentals in UI and UX design
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
This role is anticipated to be a hybrid work position, with some work on-site and some work-from-home. The potential home studio for this role is Albany, NY, Austin, TX or Irvine, CA.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences… ever.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $37.26 - $68.93 Hourly. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.