Software Engineer, Tools - Diablo IV
Irvine California 92618 United States of America
17 days ago
Job Title:Software Engineer, Tools - Diablo IV
Are you skilled at building great tools and workflows? If so, then stay awhile, and listen.
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented, motivated, and experienced tools engineer to join the Diablo 4 Team. Our team is highly collaborative, and you’ll interface with designers, artists, and game programmers as you develop and refine our in-house toolset. If you’ve got a keen eye for usability, outstanding people skills, and a solid engineering background, then come work with us, and together we will build something exceptional.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Improve how Diablo 4 content is authored through the design, implementation, and support of various software tools
- Work with multiple teams to evaluate workflows and identify areas of improvements
- Implement new features as well extend existing features
- Support the team by responding to issues, answering questions, and fixing bugs
- Participate in playtests and provide feedback on the game
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in developing tools in a large-scale production environment
- Experience writing tools in C# and WPF
- Excellent development and debugging skills
- Solid understanding of data structures, algorithms, and how they relate to performance
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Self-motivated, with a desire to make things better
- Passion for gaming and game development
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar field
- Experience with MVVM
- Experience with C++
- Experience with asynchronous programming
- Strong sense of UX design
- Passion for Diablo or other ARPGs
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences… ever.