Software Engineer - Tools (6 months)
12 days ago
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, EA Sports FC soccer, NHL® hockey, and EA SPORTS UFC .
EA SPORTS Madden NFL is the best-selling sports property in U.S. Video game history. Madden NFL is an immersive, simulation-based, authentic NFL interactive experience, empowering fans to play out their NFL fantasy of winning the Super Bowl (and much more). Madden NFL has entertained fans over three decades with more than 130 million lifetime units sold.
As a central team within the Madden project, we deliver the tools that are used by Live Content producers to support many dynamic features in our game. As such, you would work with our internal customers to design and implement new features and upgrade the existing features. So, whether you prefer working on new functionality, improving existing implementation, or fixing production issues, you will have the chance to contribute to applications that have an impact across the entire Madden game.
This is a hybrid role based out of our Orlando office.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent
- 2+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience writing, developing & maintaining REST or GraphQL API's
- Experience designing maintainable, structured, and documented code
- Experience with object-oriented design patterns
- Excellent debugging skills
- Full Stack web development experience
Required Technical Skills
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Single Page Application frameworks such as Angular, React or Vue.js
- SQL/MySQL experience
- Experience with source control software such as Git or Perforce
- C++ is a nice-to-have