Software Engineer (Temporary)
Vancouver British Columbia Canada
19 days ago
We are EA Create
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to bring outstanding visuals, audio and technology to life. Our teams comprise of artists, engineers, technicians, designers and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound and experiences. We are a diverse team, unified through collaboration, culture and craft.
The Tools & Technology team enables creativity by building and supporting tools and pipelines that move content from third-party digital content creation (DCC) packages into the game engine.
The Challenge Ahead:
EA Create Tools and Technology Team is looking for accomplished people to help us fulfill our mission of providing creative tools and workflows that allow EA to lead the industry in content quality. With locations across the globe, our group strives to build an ecosystem of modular components that are efficient, adjustable to trends and allow for quick iteration of any artistic idea into reality.
As a Software Engineer on the team, you will identify global problems, propose solutions, write software and build technologies that help our partner teams be more efficient in all aspects of asset creation; all with an eye towards common, scalable solutions that work across all groups and titles. The EA Create Tools and Technology team partners with several groups spanning all aspects of asset creation including character and world building, animation, rigging, audio and scanning, with whom we collaborate to bring art for modern games to life.
- Identify and solve systematic problems of medium complexity in the domain of tools, pipeline and workflow development , with experience of game runtime implementation
- Investigate problems within identified spaces, risks and considerations across multiple domains and toolsets, in partnership with Product Owners and customers (i.e. artists and engineers)
- Work with those customers to develop and deliver user-friendly tools, efficient pipelines, and optimal workflows that aid in the development and iteration of game content.
- Use leading-edge and pioneering work to improve EA’s technologies
- Report to your people manager within our Development Director team, with a dotted line into our technical directors for any concern, risks, and successes of the projects you are on
- Expertise of C++ used in large-scale and highly performant projects, with experience in multi-threading and systems programming
- Working knowledge in C# development and experience in WPF
- 5+ years' experience in tool development, that may include content creation packages, digital capture, 2D and 3D art content pipelines, art importers/exporters or automated content/data build systems
- Experience architecting and developing medium to large-scale design
- Promote code quality through unit-testing, code-review and automation
- Experience improving workflow to enhance team productivity
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and hands-on experience
- Creative mindset with focus on how to improve product quality and team productivity
- Experience offering guidance to creative audience
Nice to Have:
- Experience with audio
- Experience working in game development
- Experience with large-scale build systems and concept