Software Engineer, Summer Intern 2020
5 months ago
Pocket Gems seeks to build the greatest games and most compelling interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and it continues to inspire us today. Since then, we’ve grown to over 200 people in San Francisco, and with $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground in mobile entertainment.
Our products have been downloaded over 450 million times by players around the world. In recent years, we’ve launched Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game. As our community of players continues to grow, we’re committed to building diverse and inclusive environments across our teams, and in our games.
As a summer Software Engineer Intern , you will be a part of a small intern cohort, paired with an experienced software engineering mentor, collaborating cross-functionally with teams including other software engineers, product managers, artists, and designers to define our next generation of mobile games. During our 10- week program, our interns are meaningful contributors to our live products, leaving the summer having made a tangible impact on their team while gaining technical and professional skills to set them up for future success!
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and code innovative features using groundbreaking technologies
- Enjoy the freedom of writing native applications while exploring the latest cross-platform technologies
- Participate in all aspects of the project life-cycle, from ideation to specification to release
- Design and implement scalable, reliable and maintainable technologies for our iOS and Android gaming platforms
- Work with innovative, great, fun people!
What You Bring to the Engineering Team:
- Working toward a BA, BS, or MS in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- Solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, software design and OOP
- Passion and excitement for solving interesting problems and building great products!
Extra Gems For:
Other Internship Perks:
- A full calendar of events to get to know San Francisco, learn from your fellow interns, and have a great summer
- Weekly training sessions to expand your learnings from fellow Gemmers and industry veterans
- Free lunch, a well-stocked kitchen, and cold brew and kombucha on tap!
Please Note :
- We are looking for students going to U.S. universities, graduating in Winter 2020 or Spring 2021
- Prior mobile/gaming experience is NOT required
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.