Software Engineer Student Worker - Core Developer Services
5 days ago
At Unity, We sit within the Developer Services Team and we are looking for people to join us to improve not just what we develop, but how we develop!
As a team we are building and supporting a variety of small tools and services that helps developers at Unity work as efficiently as possible. We’re scaling our efforts to increase developer efficiency, ensuring that every second of development time is spent on the things that matter.
We live our values, for example Best Ideas Win, so we hope you are excited to experiment and challenge convention in order to get to the best solutions and outcomes!
Do you want to become part of a team where you can really make an impact on the projects and tools you work on? With the help and support of the wider team to ensure you are set-up for success for your journey at Unity.
What you'll be doing
- Help develop new features for our internal tools
- Help us identify and fix bugs
- Be involved in all aspects of the development lifecycle, working closely with us on planning, coding, testing, documentation, and more
- Learn about the focused areas of the team
What we're looking for
- Currently studying in a relevant subject area such as Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas and technical knowledge
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative
- Programming fundamentals, ideally with Object-oriented programming languages
- Problem-solving skills
You might also have
- Experience with Go and/or C# from studies or work
- Knowledge of Google Cloud and Kubernetes
- Experience with git and GitHub from studies or work
- Experience with on open source projects from studies or work
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.