Software Engineer, Story and Franchise Development (SFD) Archives
17 days ago
Job Title:Software Engineer, Story and Franchise Development (SFD) Archives
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a dedicated and knowledgeable Software Engineer with experience in Digital Asset Management (DAM) Systems to join the Story and Franchise Development team. You will be responsible for leading all aspects of the set-up and maintenance of our internal DAM systems. Additionally, you will serve as the primary point of contact in supporting the Blizzard Archives’ tech stack. Skills and experience with scripting, data migration, database workflow automation, and web development are required.
- Configure, extend, and support our production DAM based on the open-source ResourceSpace.
- Respond to critical issues and provide system integrations.
- Write scripts to streamline DAM ingest workflows and records management.
- Document processes, procedures, instructions, and training materials for users.
- Collaborate with archivists and curators on technical development, ingest workflow, and content migration for content management systems.
- Serve as organizational change liaison between internal teams, archives, and vendors that offer collaborative production technologies.
Qualifications: D emonstrated ability in database management, database migration experience a plus.
Desired Skills & Expertise:
- Able to multi-task, work independently, and manage time effectively.
- Experience with commonly used scripting languages (Python, PHP, and Shell), advanced scripting/programming skills.
- Experience with file-based workflows and supporting technologies such as Digital Asset Management Systems.
- Experience with file management tools such as Signiant Managers/Agents including Media Shuttle, etc.
- Experience deploying, scaling, administering an open-source solution.
- Experienced creating and documenting new processes, standards, and workflows.
- Skilled at developing relationships, building trust, and partnering with external teams.
- Plus: Knowledge of High Availability and Disaster Recovery concepts.
- Plus: Project Management skills.
- Plus: Passion for games, knowledge of Blizzard lore and IP.
Job Status: Full time/Staff
Regular, Full Time. Irvine, on site preferred but open to remote.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
This role is anticipated to be assigned as a hybrid work model position, with some work on-site at an Activision Blizzard office and some work remote.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $77,500.00 - $143,376.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.