Software Engineer - Sports QVE
1 month ago
The Software Engineer role within Sports Quality Engineering department collaborates with QV and Development partners to create tools, automation solutions, scripts, and strategies that targeted toward improving game infrastructure and increasing efficiencies in the QV and development processes.
You will play an important part in ensuring seamless consumer experience by focusing on upstream quality and targeting defect prevention and containment. You will help analyze testing strategies, identifying new testing technologies, and developing new tools for testing and tracking purposes. You will report to the Development Director.
- Gather and analyze requirements from our partner teams and organizations.
- Provide recommendation of possible solutions that improve efficiency of partners’ workflows.
- Design, build, test, and deploy solutions to support game project deliverables.
- Provide debug support and technical expertise to resolve issues.
- Support increase product adoption within game teams.
- Participate and present in knowledge sharing sessions.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Engineering, Software engineering or equivalent.
- 1+ years' experience with a focus on concepts, language varieties (C#, Java or scripting experience with Python or PHP).
- Understanding of software development life cycle, practices and software engineering methodologies and their application to both development and QA.
- Understanding of software quality assurance concepts, debugging processes and procedures.
- Passionate to learn new technologies, practices, and paradigms.
- Have basic knowledge of technical writing.
- Proactive in completing tasks and escalating issues appropriately.
BC COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these locations. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
HOURLY PAY RANGES
• British Columbia (depending on location e.g. Vancouver vs. Victoria):
º $63,350 - $108,550 CAN Annually
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including vacation (3 weeks per year to start), 10 days per year of sick time, paid top-up to EI/QPIP benefits up to 100% of base salary when you welcome a new child (12 weeks for maternity, and 4 weeks for parental/adoption leave), extended health/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, disability insurance, retirement plan to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.