This job might no longer be available.
Software Engineer, Site Reliability
7 months ago
Niantic’s Engineering Team is seeking a Site Reliability Engineer to ensure the availability of server infrastructure that supports the hosted AR/Geo platform underpinning projects such as Pokémon GO, Ingress, and Harry Potter: Wizards Unite. You will work on system monitoring and real-time root cause analysis of system anomalies at massive scales on servers hosting hundreds of millions of events per day.
- Ensure the availability of high-performance, low-latency scalable systems that support Niantic’s products.
- Design and implement monitoring and fault-tolerance systems for Java-based servers.
- Collaborate with other engineers to ensure that new and upgraded deployed systems meet internal standards for reliability, availability, latency, performance and cost.
- Develop tools to automate processes, participate in code reviews and conduct troubleshooting to ensure uptime for live systems.
- BS in Computer Science or other technical major with equivalent experience.
- Experience monitoring or engineering a multi-server service with substantial traffic.
- You have experience with real-time or asynchronous processing of large-scale datasets or on high QPS servers.
- You have experience with a compiled server-side language, such as Java or C#.
- You have experience with deployment on hosting providers, such as Google Cloud, Azure or AWS.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.