Software Engineer, Simulation Services
Washington, D.C., DC
4 months ago
Improbable believes in a future where new, virtual worlds will augment human experience and become as meaningful, lasting and rich as the physical world.
Our platform, SpatialOS, lets developers transcend the limits of regular computation, allowing swarms of servers running in the cloud to cooperate in order to simulate worlds far larger and more complex than any single server could. The team in Arlington, VA is focused on applying our technology to solve real world problems within Government and Industry.
At Improbable, you are surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them, and who compel you to improve yourself. We’re motivated by the fulfilment of solving hard problems to achieve something profound and transformative.
Our team focuses on the application of SpatialOS and its components for use in military, disaster-recovery, and other similarly data-intensive training programs and simulations.
Our software engineers working in this area are delivery focused, working in diverse technical teams to design, build, deploy, and evaluate models and simulations and the technologies that power them. Our work delivers new solutions to some of the most important challenges we face today.
Areas of Impact
- Using your extensive experience in modern software development best practices, system architecture and design, and data warehousing and analysis, you will build innovative backend services leveraging and contributing to our efforts around simulation and training.
- This team is responsible for easing the path of integration of existing MilSim engines and content with SpatialOS.
We'd like to hear from you if...
- You have experience programming in Go, C++, and/or C#, with a focus on code quality via testing best practices and streamlined CD pipelines.
- You are passionate about teaching and mentoring other engineers within the team via code reviews, workshops, knowledge sharing, brainstorming, and so on.
- You want to work with and integrate with the wider Improbable Engineering teams. This collaboration will give you the opportunity to work with numerous languages, processes, and technologies.
While we think the above experience could be important, we can’t predict the future and so we’re keen to hear from applicants that believe they have valuable experience. If you identify with the team & mission, but not all of the suggestions, then please still apply!
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions and lactation), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, marital status, age, protected veteran or disabled status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.